Conservas Antonio Pérez Lafuente is a family company dedicated to the production of canned seafood products since the beginning of the last century; our factory is located in Vilanova de Arousa, coastal village of the northwest of the Iberian Peninsula.
WHAT WE DO?
The products we offer under the “Pan Do Mar” brand are based on the following basic principles that govern our activity:
- Artisanal production: all the fish is cooked, cleaned, hand-cleaned and is packaged in our plant following practices and traditional recipes of the local cuisine.
- Sustainable fisheries: all the fish that is being processed in the factory comes from fisheries considered as sustainable and is captured with traditional methods of fishing according to the criteria approved by the FAO and conservation organizations based on the use of selective and controlled fishing methods. Fishing is carried out with inshore boats (coastal fishing), using traditional and not predatory arts, characteristic of the local communities with deep-rooted family traditions in the fishing and seamanship.
- Organic ingredients: the same interest in the conservation of the natural environment is applied for the selection of the ingredients that are accompanying our processed fish and seafood: first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, vegetables, spices and vinegar for the sauces, all coming from the certified organic and biodynamic agriculture.
The notion in which we inspire our work is Respect:
Respect for the environment, because we believe that we must to leave to our children a world as rich and varied as we have received it.
Respect for the work of our employees and partners.
Respect for our customers that wait the best quality we can get in our products.
The Pérez Lafuente family has dedicated itself to the manufacture of canned seafood for over 100 years and pioneered the manufcture and marketing of shellfish from the Galician Firths.
The products we offer under the “Pan Do Mar” brand name are therefore based on the following basic principles:
- The fishing is done with inshore craft (coastal fishing) typical of the local communities and their deep-rooted family traditions of fishing and seamanship, using customary non-depredatory fishing tackle.
- The volume of the catches, ther sizes and the tackle used are regulated and inspected by the relevant official bodies.
- The entire fishing and production chain is fully traceable and certified.
- The same standards are applied to the selection of the accompanying ingredients: extra virgin olive oils, vegetables, spices, vinegar and wines for the sauces, all drawn from Spanish organic agriculture.